For NEW & RECERTIFICATION APPLICATIONS:
- NM Driver’s license or NM Valid ID: must be current and cannot be a temporary paper license.
- Paper Medical Records: You MUST bring the required documentation (see below) to your appointment or your appointment will be automatically cancelled upon check-in as the application cannot be submitted without it. New and Recertification applicants must include medical records, no exception as this is required by the state.
- RECERTIFICATION EXPIRATION: it is the patient’s responsibility to submit an application at least 30 days before their card expires, however, due to possible time delays from the amount of applications submitted to the state, it is strongly encouraged that patients submit applications 60 days prior to their card expiring. If your card has expired you will still just complete the recertification application.
Medical Records needed for all conditions that show (except PTSD)
- Complete Doctor’s Visit Notes (no exceptions) from your Provider or Specialist in the past 2 yrs.
The visit notes must show:
- History: how long have you had the condition (MUST be greater than 3 months). ie. The date on the record from the last 2 years.
- Diagnosis: You must have at least one of the approved conditions (see list).
- Plan: Past/current treatments which may include/but are not limited to: medications, therapy, surgeries, procedures, injections, and/or imaging reports only no discs.
- Physical Exam: Performed by our office provider.
- For PTSD: Only a letter from your Mental Health Provider or Primary Care Provider stating you have PTSD and what medications or other therapies have been prescribed within the last year is needed.
- If you think you have PTSD, have not been diagnosed, and need a PTSD Evaluation, you can have it done at our office!However, a separate appointment must be scheduled with a separate $140 visit fee ($79 is the discounted rate when you are also completing a Canna Card visit at Sage AW), as this visit requires other forms, screening, assessment, and evaluation. We will try to accommodate you and schedule your PTSD Evaluation appointment on the same day and immediately before your Canna Card appointment if our schedule allows.
Currently there are 28 qualifying conditions that are eligible for the New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program.
Current Conditions Include:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Crohn’s Disease
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord, with (proof of objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity required)
- Epilepsy/Seizure Disorder
- Friedreich’s Ataxia
- Hepatitis C infection
- Hospice Care
- Huntington’s Disease
- Inclusion Body Myositis
- Inflammatory Autoimmune-Mediated Arthritis
- Intractable Nausea/Vomiting
- Lewy Body Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Opioid Use Disorder
- Painful Peripheral Neuropathy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Severe Anorexia/Cachexia
- Severe Chronic Pain
- Spasmodic Torticollis (Cervical Dystonia)
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Ulcerative Colitis
Additional Information: Clink the links below